+10 344 123 64 77

Monday, August 14, 2017

Travel Diaries: Toronto

As you know I recently traveled to Toronto, Canada. It was a short trip as I went for my friends wedding. I really wish had another day or two as I couldn't do everything I had intended but still had a great time! My favorite part about Toronto was how nice everyone was. Every single person we passed always said hello. I definitely would love to visit again. Here's a short recap of my trip :)

DAY 1
 
What I Wore:
 Tunic: Poplook // Slides: Windsor // Scarf: Hijab Vault


Where I Went: 
We first went downtown to visit the Ripley's Aquarium and the CN Tower. The Aquarium is perfect for kids and Safa really enjoyed this. We opted not to see the CN Tower but was a wonderful view from the outside. 

For dinner we drove to Mississauga to a new steakhouse called BlackStone Steakhouse & Grill. Let me tell how amazing this place was. The food, ambiance and customer service was impeccable. The chef himself thanked us for coming and was so sweet. Definitely recommend to eat here!!

DAY 2
Where I went:  
We visited the Toronto Zoo for the kids. It was huge and definitely would take a whole day to complete. We went for a couple of hours and did about half of it. If you have kids, I highly recommend it! Definitely bring snacks and food for the day. There are many picnic areas to sit and relax during the day. 

I surprisingly didn't take many pictures that day. I wore a long tunic from Zara and sneakers. I kept it casual and comfy as we walked around a lot!


DAY 3

Okay, brace yourselves. This day we did a LOT and obviously ate a LOT. I really would never get fit if I lived here!! 


What I Wore:
Black Top: Poplook // Pants: Zara // Jean Jacket: Target // Scarf: Hijab Loft

Where I Went: 
Kensington Market: Wow. That's all I have to say! There is so much to eat here and see. It had an eclectic vibe and cute vintage stores on every corner. Blue Banana Market is the perfect store for unique gifts to bring home .

Wafels & More: For breakfast, we fulfilled our sweet tooth a little early. Loved this cute place!
Burgernator: For lunch, we checked out the famous Burgernator. It was halal and service was fast. I opted for the chicken burger which was good but not the best I've had. Everyone loved their beef burgers and said it was totally worth it. I think we were so hungry we didn't even take any pictures, lol. There's also Top Gun Burgers and Dirty Bird (also halal) that everyone really enjoyed. 

Graffiti Alley: As you walk away from Kensington Market on Spadina, you get to Graffiti Alley. These alleyways were vibrant and filled with a amazing art. On the way we also walked through China Town. 

Here's the best crew ever! These are some of my amazing college friends that all travelled for our friends wedding. College memories continue on <3


Some other fun food places we had:

 
FIKA: Iced Coffee // Moo Frites: Kimchi Fries // Peace Treats: DREAM Milkshake

Organic Press: My friend got a watermelon smoothie that was so refreshing on a hot day. 

Other Places: I wish I had more time and I definitely would of checked out the Toronto Islands, the Harbor Front and the Distillery District. I was most upset about not seeing the Distillery District which is perfect for photo ops. Next time, iA. 


Hope you enjoyed, 
with love
sania<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment